Oliver Greschke is the creator of Elastic Drums & the new Elastic FX apps. Plus, he’s a developer for the Mouse On Mars apps. In this interview, Oliver talks about being a developer in Berlin, getting started developing with Pure Data, and even advice for new audio app developers.
“Oliver is living the dream as a full-time audio app developer; offering both inspiration and advice for anyone else that would like to make music apps for a living.” – discchord.com
- 0:17 Tell us about Elastic FX?
- 1:09 Can you reveal what you’re working on next?
- 4:06 Are you a full-time music app developer?
- 4:48 Do you have marketing tips for indie developers?
- 6:38 Tips for getting press?
- 8:24 What music artists would you like see use your apps?
- 9:06 What’s it like being a developer in Berlin, Germany?
- 12:55 How did you get started making music apps for iOS?
- 17:11 What’s your view on documentation? Written, Video, etc?
- 18:31 What advice do you have for people who want to get started in app development?
- 23:08 What would you do with 100 million dollars?
- 24:18 Final Thoughts
- 24:28 Oliver interviews Matt Fecher about AudioKit. Curious about AudioKit? Watch!
Check out Elastic Drums:
Check out Elastic FX:
Check out Oliver’s YouTube Channel:
Thanks for watching!
If you’re involved in Audio App Creation and have a new product or update coming out and want to be interviewed for this series, send an email to [email protected]