DIGITAL D1: RETRO MODERN
Welcome to 1987. Perfect for Epic Pads, Retrowave, Digital Keys, Vaporwave, Synthwave, and more…
* Drums not included
RETRO SYNTH KEYS
Quick play demo of first 20 presets…
- 300+ Inspiring and Original Presets by Brice Beasley, Red Sky Lullaby, Electronisounds, Jakob Haq, Matthew Fecher, and more!
- Creative and beautiful live performances.
- MIDI input for notes, pitch bend, mod wheel, aftertouch
- MIDI sources:
+ On-screen”Piano” keyboard that can be customized
+ USB MIDI controllers
+ Bluetooth MIDI controllers
+ Networked MIDI sources
+ All knobs allow MIDI-learn
- Mod Wheel can morph between layers. Start with an Electric Piano, and slowly bring in Strings with your MIDI controller.
- MIDI Learn knobs
Digital D1: Hybrid Synth
Epic 64-voice Virtual Analog / PCM iPad Synth
Beautiful & Lush Digital Synth inspired by the 80s/90s
*** TOP 3 iOS MUSIC APPS OF 2018 *** – Music Radar Awards
(Computer Music & Future Music Magazine)
“Fans of the D-50, JD-990, 01/W, Wavestation… Rejoice!”
– Music Radar
100% of proceeds from this app go to support the AudioKit open-source project & AudioKit Synth One.
✓ Fully loaded w/ 400+ presets by Brice Beasley, Matthew Fecher, Red Sky Lullaby, Jakob Haq (haQ AttaQ, Dean Daughters (Electronisounds), Sound of Izrael, AfroDJMac, JEC, and more
- 64-voice Hybrid Digital Poly Synthesis.
- Full 1 Gigabyte of original samples recorded from analog & fm synths over 30+ years old.
- Space-saving Compression. The whole app is under 150mb
- Dual layers per voice. Keyboard splits. Velocity Scaling.
- Vintage-style Arp/Step Sequencer
- Dual Independent per-Layer filters
- 3 LFOs. LFOs can modify other LFOs
- Per-voice harmonic key tracked Envelope filters
- Gorgeous 64-voice, Beautiful iPad Synth
- Each voice is composed of Two layers. Each layer has:
+ Option of Virtual Analog or PCM Synthesis
+ Per-voice Harmonic Envelope Filters
+ Dedicated Sample-set and Note-range
+ Dedicated ADSR amp envelope
+ Dedicated Stereo Filter (Low/High/Band-Pass)
+ Dedicated Level and Pan controls
+ MIDI velocity scaling controls
- Three (3) independent LFOs
+ LFO routings include: Filter cutoff, Resonance, Pan, Layer Mix, Detune, Distortion, Chorus Depth, Flanger Depth, and more
+ LFO has selectable sine/square/ramp up/ramp down, rate and depth controls
+ LFOs can modify other LFOs
- Ableton Link
- Audiobus 3 & Inter-app Audio (IAA)
- App uses less than 150mb of disk space!
- Optionally Tempo-sync’d effect knobs and LFOs
- Layers are combined with a “layer mix” control (can be linked to mod wheel)
- Stereo PCM with velocity layers, using near-lossless compression
- Selectable play modes: polyphonic, mono and mono+legato
- Adjustable pitch-glide rate for mono+legato
- FX chain is common to all voices/layers.
+ AutoPan (Rate & Depth)
+ Tremolo (Rate & Depth)
+ Stereo Widen
+ Lush Reverb w/ Lo-cut
+ Tape Ping-Pong Delay
+ Stereo Phaser
“Outstanding and Lush,
Digital D1 is Amazing.”
“Breathtaking Presets, right out-of-the box”
AUDIOKIT DIGITAL D1
Recommended if you like classic digital synths like the D-50, JD-990, 01/W, Wavestation, and more**
This app does not sample ANY of those synths. It is a modern re-imagining. New sounds. New synthesis. Perfect for a modern production with a retro feel.
Effects and sound engine modules have been Open-sourced. Use the code in your apps for free. No license required. It is our gift to you. The DSP code building-blocks are available in AudioKit.
PLUS, PURE SYNTHESIS
Sigur Ros inspired ethereal ebow guitar preset by Brice Beasley
Made with Digital D1’s pure synthesis engine – No samples or external FX
On the roadmap:
AUv3 Plugin. Use this app as a full-screen plugin in GarageBand, AUM, BeatMaker 3, and more.
AUv3 support is coming around Dec/Jan. It will be a free upgrade.
Or, you can just wait and buy Digital D1 when AUv3 is added.
No pressure. We’re cool. You’re cool. Everyone’s cool with Digital D1!
AudioKit is an open-source project intended to bring joy and music to people, and enlighten people on how to build custom instruments and iOS apps.
* All product names and images, trademarks and artists names are the property of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with the creators of this app, including AudioKit, AudioKit Pro, LLC, and the other contributors. Product names and images are used solely for the purpose of identifying the specific products related to synthesizers, sampling, sound design, and music making. Use of these names and images does not imply any cooperation or endorsement. Roland, D-50, and JD-990 are trademark property of Roland Corporation. Korg, Wavestation, and 01/W are trademark property of Korg Corporation. We appreciate their amazing work in creating such classic and inspiring instruments.
** This app does not sample any PCM-based synths, including Roland or Korg digital keyboards. Additionally, this app does not have any business relationship with Roland, Korg, or any other 80s/90s Digital Synth manufacturers.
*** All app sounds were created by pure analog and fm synthesis. We took these new sounds. Stacked them. Flipped them. And, processed the heck out of ’em. Resulting in a beautiful new sonic palette for you to enjoy.