AutoPad is an ambient pad loop app for musicians by developer Ryan Robinson. Musically useful, AutoPad allows you to quickly play background pads for your band. Simply tap a key to start a pad, and AutoPad will provide a tasteful soundscape that plays for as long as you desire. Useful features such as natural crossfades between keys are handled automatically.
“I’ve been interested in music and technology for a long time, but I’m new to iOS development. AudioKit has provided me the inspiration and confidence to start building more of my app ideas.” — Ryan Robinson, iOS Developer
Ryan discovered AudioKit while he was researching how to implement Audiobus and Inter-App Audio (IAA). “I quickly saw that AudioKit would help me streamline my code and simplify my adding functionality down the road. So I made the switch!”, he said. “In my latest update, I was able to easily give my users parameter controls as well as MIDI”. That’s amazing, Ryan!
- AutoPad comes with 10 carefully designed pad sounds. Each one provides a unique atmosphere in all 12 keys.
- AutoPad’s menu gives you control over crossfade time, two filters, reverb amount, and app volume.
- AutoPad works with Audiobus 3 and Inter App Audio (IAA) so you can run your pads alongside your other IAA-enabled apps using Audiobus 3, AUM, and others!
- AutoPad responds to MIDI! Plug in a MIDI controller or use a MIDI-enabled app to play AutoPad.
- AutoPad features a dark color scheme that is easy on the eyes and performs well on the stage.
Download AutoPad in the app store:
Follow Ryan on Twitter @rygrob
Keep up the great work, Ryan!