JamKoo is a cool new iOS recorder and soundfont player built with AudioKit. It comes with 138 instruments and 7 Chinese musical instrument packages. It’s available for free in the app store until Oct 20th, 2019.
Shanghai, China based Developer Oscar Xie was inspired to build the app when one of his friends needed a handy app to load samples and record like a DAW. But, he wanted it to be super easy-to-use on the go with an iPhone. Oscar then discovered AudioKit, and worked hard to create this app.
Oscar Xie, creator of JamKoo
Add your own instrument library
✓ If the pre-installed hundreds of instruments are not enough, you can also add your own instrument library and download the Soundfont (sf2) format library to your own JamKoo library.
– Import backing track music from iTunes or the file browser.
– Support octave change.
– Adjustable MIDI input channel.
– 3 velocity curves.
– Pitch bend adjustment.
– Support USB, Bluetooth MIDI devices.
– Transposition, instrument volume, reverb, backing volume, main volume adjustment.
– Layered recording with backing track, as well as solo recording.
– Pre-installed a set of high quality comprehensive sound library.
– Pre-installed a set of Chinese musical instrument library.
– Pro version users can add third party Soundfont format sound library.
Great job, Oscar!
Learn more and get the full future list:
Love the app. Using it with an EWI but I get crackling in the sound with the latest update. Changing buffer doesn’t help. Any thoughts? Seems to be midi related as it doesn’t happen with on screen keyboard.