Producer Brian Funk and AudioKit have teamed up to bring you VHS Synth. It features synths recorded with a VCR, then resampled. Press a key, and create instant lo-fi and retro vibes in your music. VHS Synth is available now.
This is the first app we’ve released with version 5 of our free & open-source Audiokit library. Beta tests were incredibly promising. AudioKit version 5 delivers stability improvements, especially with iOS AUv3 plugins.
We’re thankful for the incredible iOS community. The app includes over 280+ Presets by Jakob haQ, Red Sky Lullaby, The GarageBand Guide, DJ Puzzle, Sound of Izrael, DJ Montra, Marc Hupkens, AnalogMatthew, JEC, DJ Mantra, Da Fingaz, Brian Funk, and more.
And check out the new episode of Brian Funk’s Music Production PODcast featuring VHS Synth co-developer Jeff Cooper.
VHS SYNTH FEATURES:
• Standalone app + iOS AUv3 Plugin
• Over 280+ presets to inspire you
• Compressed to under 140mb to save space
• VCR Sound Effects (Buttons, Tape Hiss, More)
• VCR FX section to customize the sounds
• Use with MIDI keyboard or iOS MIDI host
Official webpage here: