AudioKit ROM Player is a completely free and full-featured professional sample playback instrument example written in Swift.
This code can be modified to play EXS24, Wave, or Sound Fonts.
“This is kind of huge. Now you can actually make an iOS app using samples of your own and deliver it. It’s big, really big”
– Create Digital Music
You can replace the included sounds and graphics with your own creations and upload to the app store! Record your Grandma’s Piano, a neighbor’s cat, or even your cousin’s Tuba. And, use this code to make an iOS instrument out of it.
Impress your friends. Build a custom instrument for your own use. Or, even sell your custom instrument creations. You’re free to use this code however you’d like. It’s free and open-source! Meaning, you don’t have to pay us anything.
“This new code demonstrates nicely how you can make a beautiful sounding, pro-level instrument with a small amount of code.”
– Synth Anatomy
- Beautiful sound engine
- MIDI input for notes, pitch bend, mod wheel, aftertouch
- On screen “Piano keyboard that can be customized
- Reverb, Bitcrush, AutoPan, Stereo Fatten, more…
- Analog Tape Ping-Pong Delay with cool speeding up/slowing down effects when changing time
- Lowpass Filter and LFO
- MIDI Learn knobs
- Written entirely in Swift 4 & AudioKit 4
Github repo and more information: